Location  FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH CAMPUS  //  2085 SIMPSON ROAD EAST, LENOIR CITY, TENNESSEE 37772

History

Our Foundation

First Baptist Church of Lenoir City, TN was founded in the year 1894. The church has been a strong light for Christ in Lenoir City and Loudon County during her years of ministry.  In 2001, the church called Dr. Cleo "Jack" Jackson III as senior pastor.  Dr. Jackson encouraged the church to expand its influence through a variety of ministries, including Christian education.

In 2001, the Weekday ministry of First Baptist Church became a licensed program through the state of Tennessee.  The Weekday ministry grew and included preschool, daycare, afterschool, and a summer camp for school age children.  The Weekday Ministry maintained an excellent reputation within the community, and also achieved the highest rating (3 star) with state licensing.

In 2009, the Children's Pastor, Dr. Chris Harding, and the Weekday Ministry Director, Sherry Le Sueur, asked the church to form a feasibility team in order to study the possibility of forming a Christian academy as a ministry of First Baptist Church Lenoir City.  

After some time of research, review and prayer, the feasibility team made a recommendation to the deacon body to begin the academy with a kindergarten class with the intention of adding one grade per year.  The motivation for beginning the academy was to provide distinctively Christian, academic education with smaller class sizes and more personalized instruction.

Groundbreaking & Accreditation

The inaugural class of Lenoir City Christian Academy began in the fall of 2010 with seven kindergartners and one teacher. The name was changed from First Baptist Weekday Ministry to Lenoir City Christian Academy in August 2010. Each year since its inception, the school has added one grade per year. 

Lenoir City Christian Academy's Kindergarten – Eighth grade is accredited through Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).